Tuesday, January 4, 2011

hmmmm......


"Live life looking through the windshield, not the rearview mirror."

I'm slightly concerned about heading back to school. :( After spending the past several weeks with my friends, who all attend different colleges than mine, I've realized that I'm not exactly "in love" with my school like so many of my friends are. Plus, I can't help but to think about how much fun my life was before high school. But I know I've gotta move on. & however much I think I hate my school, I've signed up for this semester and I'm in it to win it (no matter how much I like/dislike it). I'm keeping my eyes on the prize. Anywho, here are some updates for the week:
1. Two of my friends got married this week? This was probably the most bizarre and ratchet wedding that I've ever been in, yet I've enjoyed it nonetheless. Two of my friends, who are not dating but have been bffs for a long time, decided that they would amp up their friendship by getting married? Well to make a long story short, my friends decided that a real wedding would be a hassle and mess up parents' tax returns, financial aid etc. So they decided to have a just for fun wedding in one of their backyards. Well, the "bride" ended up getting sick the day of & not showing up to her own wedding, so an impromptu bride was immediately found to replace her. I was [reluctantly] a bridesmaid. We danced down the aisle to Rihanna's 'Only Girl', vows and scriptures were read off a laptop, and the bride and groom placed gloves on their hands to symbolize their commitment. Ten years from now, I'll laugh about this [even more than I am now] haha :)
2. Happy New Year! January 1, 2011 ends one of the best years of my life which began with a rockin 18th birthday party, a once in a lifetime drake concert, a fairytale cotillion, an amazing senior week (and senior day), a graduation filled with enough memories to last a lifetime, and ended with a fresh new start [and beginning of happy endings] at college. So it's no surprise that I left this momentous year with a bang! I headed to a friends' house and was reunited with many of my friends from high school who I hadn't seen since summer. Then I headed over to a close friends house [with another close friend who doesn't know my other friend]. If I haven't lost you here, I had a great time. We watched the ball drop and swapped stories about our new lives in college.
3. New Obsession? stumbleupon.com is amazing! You just type in the topics that you want to explore & BAM! The site pulls up all sorts of websites which the website thinks you may find enjoyable. Try it out :)

Well that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment