Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow!!!!

"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

Hello Lovers!

Originally I was supposed to start school on Monday. But on Sunday rumors began swirling left and right that snow was on the way. Luckily mother earth allowed my parents enough time to drive me to campus and back home before the snow came. And boy oh boy did it snow. We received about four to five inches of snow Sunday night. Where I am from it rarely snows. Normally we receive snow once every four years. However, last year it snowed so far this winter season it has snowed twice...in a period of two weeks. It snowed the day after Christmas as well as Sunday night. However, because of vacation and returning to college, I missed the snow both times in my hometown.
Yet there was plenty of snow on campus. Sunday night my roommate, next door neighbor and I were watching the Real Housewives of ATL (our normal Sunday night tradition) and on a commercial break, we peaked outside to see the snow. There were huge white flakes pouring out the sky. We were so excited that we all started screaming and jumping on the top of our lungs and our RA ran into the room and told us to be quiet because it was "quiet hours" (yet, I doubt that anyone was being quiet or sleeping during all of this). We (+ some other girls from my hall) all jumped into our winter clothes and headed out to see the snow.
Sunday night was lots of fun. There were over 100 students playing in the snow on the hill outside of my dorm. Students took the tops of storage containers, cardboard and whatever else they could salvage to sled down the hills. We threw snowballs at each other, made snow angels and wrote on cars in the parking lot. That night was probably one of the best nights of my college life thus far. When we came in from playing in the snow, we all received an e-mail letting us know that school had been canceled for Monday. Yay!
The next morning my friend Natalie and I woke up early to take pictures around campus. We walked around our dorms, North Campus, and at the football stadium. Natalie attempted in vain to make a snow angel. It was hilarious. The ice was crunchy so she could barely move. Her snow angel ended up looking more like a snow cheerleader. We watched an upperclassmen who had a kayak slide down a hill and crash into a fence lol (he was okay).
Although the snow was fun, things began to get serious. Although the snow melted during the day, it froze that night. We walked to the dining hall to eat dinner and people were slipping left and right in the ice. Thank god that everyone who I saw slipping in the snow was able to laugh it off and wasn't seriously injured. School was canceled again today (Tuesday) and tomorrow (Wednesday). Today I spent the day inside with friends. I'm beginning to get bored & am actually ready for school to begin. Lol!

I hope you enjoy this & if it's snowing/sleeting in your area please be careful but have fun!

xoxo,

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment