Friday, November 12, 2010

Five Things for Friday

Happy Friday Everyone! Today I decided to come home. I had some extra time on my hands so I decided to blog about five things that have been going on in my life this week :)

1.
Farewell Football:
Saturday was the last game that I had a ticket for. Because the weather was so col
d, I didn't wear a dress. Instead I wore a sweater and jeans. Because we had to get up early for the game, it was supposed to be cold. I figured that I would freeze my bootay off. However, I found that this game was the best college game yet! Since we weren't all dresed up, we were comfortable in our clothing. Plus it wasn't hot as Hades, so we weren't sweaty and uncomfortable. Thus, this game was soo much fun. Not to mention the fact that we won the game 55-7. It was a great way to end my football season 2010. I love winter football :) After the game me & my friends headed to the club. This party was hosted by both the Kappas and the Alphas so you already know there were fine boys galore! ;) After a night of dancing, getting hit on & gossip, I came home and crashed. I had a great day Saturday.

2.
A Week of Culture:
This week there are many cultural events going on around campus. I'm a huge fan of learning about different cultures, so this was exciting to me. On Wednesday my friend Natalie & I went to Africa Night together. I have no idea what the names of the foods I ate were but it was yum. I had this spicy potato casserole, rice, these little crisp type things, and a flour like bread that had all sorts of spices in it. Tomorrow is Noche Latina, the Hispanic Student Association's night of Latin musical performances and Spanish food. I am so excited to have a piece of my Latin culture with me at school. On Sunday, I am going to an Indian Cultural program during which we will learn about henna and the ways that it is used around the world. Best of all we get free Indian food & henna!!!

3.
Free Khalifa?
So it's bad enough that they already released that little cockroach Dwayne Carter from jail on Thursday (no offense to all of you fans out there, but I just cannot stand Lil Wayne). But on Monday (11/9)Wiz Khalifa was arrested for having 60 grams of marijuana on his tour bus. That's enough marijuana to be considered a smuggler. The Wiz man made a speedy return to freedom after posting $300,000 bond, but I doubt that that will be the last of his troubles. I mean the m an brags about buying $10,000 worth of weed per month in addition to creating his own line of rolling papers. Come on Wiz! Think of all of the beneficial things that he could do with $10,000 per month. That's more than 100,000 a year. You can help to feed starving children with that. It really saddens me that so many of these celebrities who have such a huge influence on today's teens get into such trouble for such ridiculous reasons. I am even more ashamed that one of my new faves has gotten in trouble for such a ridiculous reason. & to think that I was gonna go see him in concert two days prior to his arrest. smh

4.
So Thankful to be Thankful:
Well there are about three more weeks of school left before the end of the semester and I cannot be happier. Don't get me wrong, I love college. I have made lots of new friends, I am learning so much about myself and my school work of course, and the parties have been great. But there are just some things from home that college can't offer. I miss my best friend who seems to understand me better than anyone else in this world. Even though we've had some rough spots in our friendship I've realized now that I've been away from her in my life that there are just parts of you that no one can understand as well as a bff. I miss my mom & my dad & my brother. I miss my warm, comfortable bed. lol. Basically I just need to go home for some r & r.

5. Deuces (Awe man, I should have made this number two)
So I know that I am sorta late reporting this, but the Deuces remix has got to be the most wonderful remix that I've ever heard. It's musical ingenuity..okay so not really, but it's pretty great. First of all, you know I'm going to love it because my future husband DRAKE is in it :) Plus it has three of my other fave rappers in it, Kanye West,T.I. and Andre 3000 (I used to loveeee OutKast). And it has Fabolous! I recommend that everyone give this song a try. Listen to it here.

Have a wonderful weekend!

xoxo,

Jackie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment