Friday, November 5, 2010

Basketball!!!!


"This is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators."
-Dick Vertleib

Happy Friday Everyone! Apologies for not blogging for the past two days. With that said, it's that time of the year again. The weather is cold. The days are shorter. We grab our coats & head straight to the game!

In my opinion college basketball>college football. I mean don't get me wrong. I loveeee football. However, high school football was all the more exciting to me. For one, my high school's football team won way more games than my college team has. Plus, high school football games were at night which was a definite plus. With college sports, the more games you win, the closer your game time is pushed toward 7pm (primetime, when everyone is watching). But when your school loses half of the games during its season, unfortunately all of your games will start at 12:00. So that means waking up at the crack of dawn to tailgate. Then on top of that at our school, the girls wear fancy dresses (like we're at some sort of horse race rather than a football game). We put on our makeup and get all dolled up to sweat in this 90 + degree southern heat. I had a dress/watch/sandal tan & it was not attractive. lol.

With that being said I love basketball. The game of basketball as a whole is so much more exciting than football. Football is such a slow paced sport. They move down several yards then take a break and this cycle goes on and on. But basketball is back & forth, back & forth. Plus my school's team is amazing! We won our game 85 to 48 versus ASU. It was almost sad because ASU was the school from my hometown. But it was amazing to see such a great win from my college!

Our basketball players are freaking amazing. They dunk the ball with almost no effort. Point after point was scored. Plus the game was soo exciting with all the players running back and forth. On top of our players awesome skills, I think that our dance team & cheerleading squad is amazing. They perform during every time out in addition to the half time performance. It was so crazy how they all just run out and do their routine in between plays. I know this sounds silly but you just have to see it. haha.

What made this game even more enjoyable was the fact that I got to see it with soo many of my friends. Usually I hang out with two different groups at school. But this time both groups sat together like one big happy family :) On top of that, my friend Jasmine, who is from my hometown surprised me and came to the game (bottom right). It was so great to spend my first game experience with all my friends from college with a friend from home.
Overall, my first college basketball game was amazing. I thought I loved high school basketball games, but college brings basketball games to a whole new level. Plus college basketball games are only $2. That makes it all the more better :)

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
xoxo,
Jackie :)






No comments:

Post a Comment