Tuesday, November 2, 2010

6 Songs That I'm Singing

"Music takes us out of the actual and whispers to us dim secrets that startle our wonder as to who we are, and for what, whence, and whereto."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson


Happy Tuesday Everyone! As many of you may or may not know, I am a hugeee fan of music. I feel like even though I've only been here for a short while, college has introduced me to some great artists. So I've decided to share some of my new (and old) found faves. Click the links to hear each song. Enjoy!

1. Drake- I'm pretty sure that obsessed is an understatement when describing my love for this man. He is an actor, rapper, singer, and songwriter who has collaborated with nearly every big name in the hip hop game.

What I'm listening to:I'm Ready for You (Original)
This song demonstrates his singing & rapping talents. Plus it's hard to resist singing along.SN: Check out Drake's blog, octobersveryown.blogspot.com or his fan site, drizzydrake.org. (Both are linked to the left in my blog list).

2. Willow- She's only 9 years old, but her debut song has reached #2 on I-tunes and is the most discussed topic on fb.

What I'm listening to: Whip My Hair
Willow's debut song is guaranteed to be stuck in your head. Try not to hurt yourself whipping your hair back & forth.


3. Brandon Boyd-
The front man from rock alternative band Incubus has decided to take a stab at solo singing on his new album, The Wild Trapeze. Boyd sings and plays every musical instrument on the album. If that's not talent, then idk what is.

What I'm listening to: Runaway Train
This song is chill with just the right amount of upbeat tempo. It's the perfect song to roll down the windows & sing along to. If you like Incubus, you'll be sure to love this.



4. Wiz Khalifa
- Attention fans of hip-hop: If you haven't heard of him, get to know Wiz Khalifa. He's the next BIG thing in hip-hop. His mixtape, Kush & Orange Juice, was one of the most talked about mixtapes of 2010. Although he's still underground, he's gonna be big. Taylor Gang or Die!

What I'm Listening to: Black & Yellow
This song is awesome! It has a great beat & an addicting hook. Plus, the fact that it's Drake's favorite song makes it all the better ;)

5. Ryan Leslie- Not only is this man an intellectual genius (he scored a 1600 on his SAT at age 16), but Ryan Leslie is an amazing songwriter & producer. Leslie's second official album, Transitions, premiered in early 2010. What I love most about RL is that he can write the perfect love song without using demeaning language.

What I'm listening to: Something that I Like
If this song doesn't make you wanna dance, then idk what will :)

6. Katy Perry- This pop star has done it big, again! More likely than not, you've heard her title song of her second big album,"Teenage Dream." In addition to this song, her entire album is awesome. Perry can be heard all around my campus & I'm sure you would love to hear her too!

What I'm listening to: Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)
I imagine that this song is the "story of my life" song to numerous partying college students. Hopefully I'll never have a Last Friday Night like Katy's, but this song is great nonetheless.

Well, get to listening ;)

xoxo

Jackie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment