Thursday, September 1, 2011

I'm With You > The Carter IV

Hello Lovers,


So as many of y'all know, I was anxiously awaiting the release of the Red Hot Chili Peppers' new album, I'm With You. Well the wait is over. I'm With You was released on Monday (I think...it's been a long week) and this cd definitely makes up for the five year gap between Stadium Arcadium & IWY. Many were disappointed by this cd because of the departure of guitarist John Frusciante. Although the guitar chords are definitely a lot weaker than those on some of their previous albums, I think this cd is ABSOLUTELY amazing & it was well worth the wait. Now for the good part...my favorite songs off the album :)


***Disclosure: Before I begin this, I have to admit that I'm still in the process of listening to this album. I promise I'll finish this blog as soon as I'm done listening ;) For the meantime, I'll rank the songs from favorite to least favorite. Remember to click the links to listen!


1. Ethiopia- E I O I E I A. I guarantee that if you give this song one listen, it will be stuck in your head! This is my absolute favorite song off of this cd! It's quirky and funky, reminiscent of 'Mother's Milk' and 'Blood Sex Sugar Magik.' 


2. The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie- This is the album's first single, which was released towards the middle of June. It really got me excited for this album! This song is also quirky and funky, just like Ethiopia.


3. Factory of Faith- With this song we're reminded of their more recent albums, with a hint of something new!


4. Look Around- This song is somewhat similar to Factory of Faith. It reminds me of one of their old songs, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which one. (I'll get back to y'all when I finish listening to the rest of these songs).

5. Brendan's Death Song- This song is ranked so low, simply because it's super sad. It's about LA club owner, Brendan Mullen, who helped to give RHCP their start. After passing away from a stroke, Anthony Kiedis wrote this song about him.


6. Did I Let You Know- This song is soooo different from anything that RHCP has ever done before. It has a Latin vibe.  & I love it.


Okay, so here's my basic review of I'm With You. LOL. Enjoy for now!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment