Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Brrrrr.....

So today it was 65 degrees outside! I feel like Gucci....Brrrrrr! Unfortunately I've been sick for the past week...but I have several updates!



  •  I made a twitter! Ahhhhhh! I really wasn't going to, but my friend Alex convinced me into getting one. Speaking of twitter, this twitter beef between Ray  J & Fabolous is absolutely outrageous...OUTRAGEOUS! Why do we preoccupy ourselves with this mess?
  • Michel Chikwanine is absolutely amazing. He is an ex-child soldier and refugee from the Democratic Republic of Congo. He came to my school last week to speak about his experiences in a war torn country. He is a PHENOMENAL orator. If you are a college student and he comes to speak at your school, this is an opportunity that you are not going to want to miss out on. Or if you are a member of a school organization which brings speakers to your school, Michel Chikwanine is a great suggestion for a speaker. He put all of the benefits of my life into perspective and made me realize how truly blessed I am to live in the United States. Click here to here an excerpt from his speech and to learn more about him.
  • I'm With You- So today I went to health center and I was feeling like absolute crap :( The appointment took longer than expected and I ended up missing a class and an appointment with my teacher while waiting. Exhausted and distraught I hopped onto the bus and was pleasantly surprised when the bus driver was rocking out (and I mean rocking out!) to the entire I'm With You album. I mean he was singing on the TOP OF HIS LUNGS to all my faves including Ethiopia, Factory of Faith etc. I was sooo excited. That def made my day.
  • Toga, Toga, Toga- So this weekend, instead of trying to heal myself and get better I decided to a Kappa Alpha Psi toga party! It was soooo much fun and way worth the fact that I felt crappier the next day. LOL! We had a toga making party in my dorm. Then my hall family (yes, we are a family) all headed downtown & partied! Me & my friends Wobbled on stage and had an awesome time. After the party, we went downtown to Waffle House (of course (: ) and met new friends as usual! Then we drove around my dorm's parking lot and stalked people. LOL! It was lots and lots of fun (:
  • Dubstep! Friday night we went riding in my friend Jon's jeep. Then afterwards we danced on the top of my parking deck & it was soo much fun lol (and also another reason why I still so sick). When we were riding around, he was playing this song on his Jeep's awesome sound system! I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.
  • Dancing in the Dark- The next time that I go party, I am not leaving until this song comes on. It is so much fun to dance to & it makes me wanna pop it wherever I'm at...the dining hall, the bus, class, or in the dorm. LOL! 
  • Salsa Sabrosa!! Before I get to the actual point of this bullet, I can't believe that I haven't told y'all about two awesome new websites that I found about for finding Spanish music. One of my co-workers from my hometown (I worked at a Mexican restaurant) told me about flowhot.net. It's a great site to find reggaeton, new & old. However, this website may be slightly tricky for those of you non-Spanish speakers. When you first enter the site, you will be bombarded with lots of crazy "download" links. Click on the white link which says "entrar" which will take you to the main site. From there you can download entire reggaeton cds, pre released reggaeton songs & old school reggaeton (my personal fave (: ) If you're looking for the newest music but don't want to search through all of the posts, I would suggest that you start with the Top de Estrenos list on the right side of the home page. It takes a couple of seconds for it to appear, but it usually has the best current reggaeton. The next site is konklase.com. Once again the majority of this website is in Spanish. Click the blue "entrar" link this time & it will take you to the home page. If you click hover the mouse over the unreleased section it will list bachata, salsa and merengue. This is a great side to find current Latin music other than reggaeton. Enjoy! Now the point of this bullet was that J. Alvarez released a salsa remix of my favorite song of his, Junto Al Almanecer. (Click here to hear the remix of the original.) Anywho, here is the Salsa Version!
 Welp, enjoy!!

Love Love Love
Jackie (:


No comments:

Post a Comment