Saturday, August 20, 2011

Back to College!

So I'm back at school again....WOOT! & I must say that this year is already 19234872394723497 times greater than last year. So many  of my friends live in my dorm this year & it feels like a party everyday. Last week I partied almost everyday to make up for my completely uneventful summer. Thursday a group of my friends & I went dt to a bar (right), headed to an Alpha Party & then acted like fools at Waffle House after. We even made grad school friends & took pictures with them! LOL. Friday, a group of friends & I went to my friend Alex's apartment & then headed downtown for another Alpha/Sigma party. That party was by far the BEST party of the weekend! Saturday was a big FAIL. We went to a Kappa party & it was super lame. But my friends kept me laughing, which made up for it. I'm looking forward to more parties coming up soon! Anywho...now that you're caught up with my life, here are some things that have been on my mind!

  • (Not so) Picture Perfect: This new picture tool on blogger.com is seriously annoying. I can't get my pictures to do anything that I want them to do :( If you have any suggestions, please let me know!
  • Va a Ser Abuela-Farruko: I cannot get this song out of my head....not that it's a bad thing :) Va a ser abuela by Farruko, one of my favorites newcomers to reggaeton, is such a sweet song.  Farruko brings something new  to his repertoire with this bachata song & I'm loving it. If you don't understand Spanish and thus, why I love this song so much, you can read the lyrics by clicking here.
  • Zumbaaaaaa! I am a huge fan of Zumba. If you don't know what Zumba is, it's an aerobic dance class which combines basic latin dance (such as merengue, salsa, cumbia & bachata) with  aerobics & hip hop. I went to my first class my junior year of high school & I have been going ever since...college. haha. If you read my post a couple of months back about the things that I wanted to do before the summer ended, you read about how I wanted to take a Zumba class. Well two months down the road and a day before I was ready to head back to college, I still hadn't taken a Zumba class :( Fortunately they have Zumba classes at my school, so of course I had to go! My roomie & I went last Thursday & it was AMAZING! If you've never been to a Zumba class, I would highly recommend that you attend. It is so much fun & it doesn't feel like you're working out.
  • Strip Aerobics? In addition to going to Zumba this week, I also tried something new & went to strip aerobics. LOL! You only live once right? There's a dance studio in my college town that hosts a free class week at the beginning of each semester & I decided to try something new...very new. I went with my roomie & my neighbor! Even though I was a little anxious when I first walked into the class (I literally had no idea what I was getting myself into), the class ended up being really fun & an excellent workout. We started out with a high intensity warm up  & then learned a choreographed routine to Lady Gaga's You and I (click here to listen!). It was super fun & I will definitely be attending again.
  • Classes! So my classes so far have turned out to be fabulous! I am really loving them so far. We'll see if I still feel the same way by the end of the semester. Hah ;)
  • Real Housewives, where are you? I am EXTREMELY excited for the premier of the next season of the Real Housewives of ATL. Please hurry up!! Also, I'm pretty excited about the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, but sad to hear that Taylor Armstrong's husband committed suicide, allegedly because of his marriage being played out on television. This is extremely tragic. It's sad that Russell Armstrong felt that the only way out of dealing with his marital problems was by committing suicide. & it's also extremely sad that the media would portray him in a such a way that would drive him to commit suicide. How is Taylor supposed to explain her husband's death to her young daughter? :( 
Welp, I hate to leave on a sour note, but that's all that I could think of for now! Have a great weekend!

xoxo

Jackie (:

No comments:

Post a Comment