Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sorry but I have to say this

I hate to have to rant on here...but this is something that I just feel the need to elaborate on. In the past month it seems like every other black guy that I've seen has been wearing an outfit composed of the following: a pair of camo shorts, a snap back, and a graphic tee with a pair of chucks/vans. Then the other day I went out to eat with some friends & I noticed a  guy wearing camo shorts and a snap back. I don't know what about this guy in particular made a nerve pop off in my brain but I was just completely disgusted...maybe it's because he was working at the restaurant & that outfit was the only "decent" thing that he could put on. When I saw this particular guy, the first thing that popped into my head was Wiz Khalifa.
I then thought to myself, "Wiz Khalifa is not cute.....really not cute. Why would someone want to dress like him?" Then when I was getting ready to type this post, I typed in rappers with camo shorts (just to see where all these local guys are getting this style idea from). Let me show you who popped up.....

Dwayne Carter -________- Not only is Lil Wayne ugly, but he's also no talent rapper who would do society a favor if he went back to jail. Why would you wanna dress like him? I mean just to elaborate, look at how beautiful & classy Drake looks sitting next to Wayne. Drake looks like a socially educated, well dressed man sitting next to a hood rat



Chris Brown.....do you want to dress like a wife beater?


Jay-Z....not cute, overplayed & the man has compared himself to God on more than one occasion. Would you want to dress like him?

And now to top it all off, Eminem...crazy, overplayed, violent, and not so attractive. He is the super version of all the rappers previously listed.

So the point of this rant is...what you wear really says a lot about you. Your clothes tell your interests, values, and most importantly show the world what level of respect you have for YOURSELF and others. Do you want your style to reflect these rappers? Think about what you're wearing.

Love Love Love,

Jackie (:

No comments:

Post a Comment