Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Music makes you lose control

New music post! A couple posts back I talked about how one of my goals for the summer was to find new music. Well I definitely did that & I decided to share some of my newly discovered songs. Also, since I've been blabbering away about all of my favorite artists who have recently released albums, I decided to post some of the songs from the albums on here that I've continually been talking about. Also, I've categorized my songs this time. I'm going back to my old format, so click the link to listen to the song. For a more aesthetically appealing approach links just look better than inserted youtube videos. Enjoy!


Newbies (or at least newbies to me):

  • Settle Down/Cameo Lover- Kimbra. This singer from New Zealand is brand spanking new to the music scene. I recently learned that at age 20, she's only a year older than me. I still can't use to the fact that the majority of newcomers to the music scene are most likely going to be around my age (I still feel like a 16 year old at heart ;) ). I am so happy to add yet another album to my look forward to list of albums coming out. Kimbra's debut album, Vows, is set to be released Sept. 2.
  • Dancing with the DJ-the Knocks. I was in American Eagle (a store that I don't normally shop in) when I first heard this song. I got that feeling that you get when you hear a song for the first time and you just love it. This catchy dance song sounds straight from the 70s. It makes me wanna hop onto the dance floor & bust a move.
  • Gucci Gucci- Kraeyshawn. I seriously can't believe I'm posting this song. The first time that I heard it I seriously thought it was the most annoying thing that I'd ever heard. But something about this song is just so catchy. You can't help but to sing out "Gucci gucci, louis louis, fendi fendi, prada." hahaha 
  • Donald Trump- Mac Miller. I think I'm a little late with this song. But as my future husband Drake would say, "Better late than never, but never late is better." haha. A lot of my friends had mentioned Mac Miller in the past, but I stayed away from him because I figured he would just be another sell out rapper. However, this song is pretty good!
From the albums I've mentioned:
  • The Adventures of Raindance Maggie-The Red Hot Chili Peppers. I don't think I can explain to you how enthusiastic I am about this song. It's been half a decade since RHCP's last studio album, Stadium Arcadium, was released...and boy has it been a long five years. I really love this song because it's like a mix of RHCP's old funk style and their new rock style. Adventures... is the first pre-released song from their upcoming album, 'I'm With You.' I can't wait for their new album to come out! Yay (:
  • Summer Jam/Bundle Up/Swimsuits- The Cool Kids. The Cool Kids are probably one of the most greatest, yet underrated and under appreciated rap groups of the 2000s. This indie rap duo has its own unique flava and the topics which the pair raps about actually has some substance to it. Their songs tell stories or have a common theme other than the stereotypical "sex, drugs, and money" scheme that many of these dumb ahh rappers seem to be so caught up in now-a-days. These three songs are my favorites off of their newly released album, 'When Fish Ride Bicycles.'
  • Adolescents/Promises Promises- Just like RHCP, I am super excited that Incubus (another one of my favorite bands reminiscent of my 90s-00s childhood in white suburbia) has released another album. Along with this album comes a new Incubus tour which my friend and I are making plans to go to. If things work out this will be my second Incubus concert. We saw them in August '09 as part of their 'Monuments and Melodies' tour. If I do get to see them again, trust me there will be a future post devoted to them. (: For the time being, please enjoy my two favorite songs from their new album, 'If Not Now, When?'
Happy listening! Also, if you have any suggestions for songs that I should mention, feel free to drop a comment below.

xoxo 

Jackie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment