Monday, July 25, 2011

It's been a while

Hey Yall! As usual, it's been quite some time since I've posted much of anything. However, for once I actually have some things to blog about! Yay!

poponthepop.com
  1. RIP Amy Winehouse- I was devastated today when I heard the news that one of my all time favorite artists, Amy Winehouse, passed away. My heart has been hurting all day. It almost feels like I lost a friend. Her music reminds me of sooo many memories from high school. My friend Kevin singing, "Tears Dry on their Own" when we went out to eat one night. My friend Asha's love for her song "F me Pumps." Listening to "Valerie" 98758763583745 times while shopping for a dress for my debutante club's Christmas dance and hearing that song in one of my favorite movies, "27 Dresses." Introducing the song "Back to Black" to one of my friends. My neighbor loved the song "Rehab." The music world has truly lost a talented, ingenious performer. I'm scanning through other singers in my mind and the only other singers who are somewhat (and this is a far fetched somewhat) similar to Amy are Adele and Duffy. And although they are both still EXTREMELY talented, they just aren't Amy.  From the unique sound of her voice and amazing vocal range, to her unique musical style and that classic beehive doo, there will never be anyone that could replace Amy. Her first cd 'Frank' was an excellent jazz inspired debut, while her 'Back to Black' took the US by storm with her 60s girl group inspired anthems. The thing that makes me the most sad was that her death was totally preventable. Why didn't the ones who were closest to her make more of an effort to force her to get the help that she truly needed? It was so sad to watch her transition from a beautiful, healthy songstress which a powerful voice to a tiny woman overcome by the drugs which she chose to use. I had really hoped that she would make a comeback and release a new album. At least she now rests in a better place where she can no longer continue to harm herself. Amy, you will truly be missed.
  2. I bought some kinky curly knot today detangler/leave in & so far I'm falling in love. I only used it in a small section of my hair in the front & it work amazingly. Knots were slipping right out & I liked the way my hair turned out after I combed it.
  3. I have several countdowns going on for some of my favorite artists to release their new cds:
    1. Drake's 'Take Care' is set to be released Oct. 24 (his birthday) ;)
    2. RHCP's I'm With You is set to be released Aug 29th. Woot
  4. Pretty Little Liars fans? Is this season getting extreme or what? I cannot wait to see what happens next. Since I haven't really had too much to do with my life recently, I've been keeping up with the show & it is absolutely amazing. Yay (:
  5. urbanbushbabes.com- I think this website describes my life in url format. I absolutely love it. Everything from the style to the big natural hair to the arts & music scene is AMAZING! I would def suggest that you check this website out (:

    No comments:

    Post a Comment