Thursday, December 23, 2010

Apologies...Do you forgive me?

First of all, I am soo soo soo soo sorry for not blogging in such a long time. The past three weeks consisted of me studying for finals and then coming home & doing absolutely nothing for an entire week (ahh freedom!). However, during my jail break, you probably noticed that I completely neglected my blog, including my thirty day picture challenge. Again, I am so sorry. I vow to restart my picture challenge so that I can complete it! But for the time being, let me catch you up on my life.
Let's go
back a month ago to Thanksgiving. I
spent the week in Delaware with my favorite cousins. It's a family tradition to head up to Delaware to spend time with my family. Because I'm now in college, we only had several days to spend with our family this year. But not a day was spent in vain. We had a yummy Thanksgiving dinner consisting of turkey, collards, sweet potatoes, salad, dinner rolls, macaroni, stuffing, and my favorite, cranberry sauce.
I actually watched the entire Macy's
Thanksgiving
Parade for the first time in many years (I have had bad past experiences with that parade). Kanye West's performance, as well as Keri Hilson's performance, was interesting. However, overall, I still felt that same bubbly feeling inside that I always felt when I watched the parade as a child.
The rest of our trip to Delaware was spent participating in some quality family time. We watched the Wizard of Oz and my four year old cousin made the comment that she didn't like the wicked witch of the west and, "Why is she green? She's not supposed to be green. She's supposed to be brown." Hahaha. Oh, the things that kids say :)
We said our good-byes and headed back home. I had one day to spend at home & then it was right back to school for study study studying. I had a portfolio to create for lit which consisted of seven edited essays which demonstrated my work over the semester. In addition, I had finals in pre-calc, interpersonal communications, and spanish 2002. It was a stressful and demanding two weeks. By the end of finals, I was sick of dining hall food, stress eating, the cold & my dorm in general. On top of all of that I became sick (gross!) But overall they ended up being farely successful. I made pretty good grades on the majority of my exams. I am now a first year sophomore and if things continue to head in the direction that they are going in now, by the fall 2011 semester, I will be a junior. Yet I am not completely satisfied. I've made a list of things to do in order to improve my grade [and hopefully these will help you as well].
  1. Buh-bye Facebook: I'm going to temporarily delete my fb during the week (so that I can't receive any notifications, and thus have no need to use fb) and I'll use it only on the weekends.
  2. Study Hall Here I Come: On Mondays and Fridays I have only one class, so I plan on spending my time after class in the study rooms in our student center.
  3. More Structured Weekends: My weekends are going to be more structured. Now that there are no more football games, there should be less distractions. I will devote more time on the weekends to studying.
I am confident that my plan is going to pay off. As long as I adhere to my rules, everything should be fine :)
And now you are brought back up to speed :) Last week I spent my time relaxing, facebooking, and basically catching up on all of the things that I hadn't been able to do. In addition, I was dragged all over my hometown shopping for Christmas gifts. Now I am in a hotel in Pennsylvania waiting to visit my family. More updates will be coming soon!

lovelovelove

Jackie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment