Monday, June 11, 2012

I'm Back!!!!!

Dude, I really really really apologize for not blogging. I told myself that I was going to blog this entire year, but I guess I need to just face the fact that I'm not the best at making promises to myself. After a semester of absolute hysteria due to classes that dominated my life (aka Anatomy), I was too worn out to do anything but hop straight into bed. However, I'm back at home for the entire summer & I now have nothing but free time to blog (well sort of) But here's a few updates on my life/music/whereabouts etc:


drakE draKE drAKE dRAKE DRAKE!!!!


I went to my 2nd Drake Concert in May
So at the end of May I was finally reunited with my future husband Drake. My roomate from last year, roomate from freshman year, brother & brother from another mother all hopped in the car and drove to ATL to see Drake & friends (lol) at Aaron's Amphitheater in Lakewood. It had been a little more than two years since I had last year Drake and boy oh boy was it worth the wait. The concert was supposed to consist of Meek Mill, French Montana, Waka Flocka Flame, 2 Chains, J.Cole & Drake, but Drake ended up bringing out Gucci, Future & T.I. Yes, TI!!!!! Also, it was my first time at Lakewood and I enjoyed the venue. When you first enter, it kind of resembles six flags. The venue is super large & accommodates lots of seating prices so next time I'll be sure to buy a more expensive ticket. Also it's a great place to host a pre-concert tailgate party so I'm looking into that for the future. Drake's set list included Trust Issues, Make Me Proud, Over, Marvin's Room, Headlines, UGK, We'll Be Fine, Round of Applause, Tony Montana, Practice, Up All Night, Miss Me, She Will , Take Care, Crew Love, Lord Knows etc. J.Cole did Nobody's Perfect, A Dollar & a Dream, Can't Get Enough, Work Out & Blow Up. Overall it was a great concert & I had sooo much fun.
Photo credit here


Apartment
I'm moving into an apartment in August. I'm super nervous/excited/ecstatic/emotional about this lol! I've been shopping for things here & there but I've yet to come up with a theme for my bedroom/bathroom. We decided to do a black & white theme for the kitchen with yellow in the living room. If you know of any good websites/ideas for my apartment please feel free to drop a comment in the box!


New blog!
What began as a project for my computing class has transitioned into a full scale natural hair care blog. I'm no longer going to be blogging about my "naturalness" on this blog, but if you're interested, check out my new blog! Click Here!

Music!
So how about my freaking ipod is currently useless and will not let me update. Every time I try to add a new song, an error pops up. I have a feeling that I'm going to have to jailbreak my ipe and upload all of my songs onto my comp so that I can restore my i-pod. If you know anything about how to fix this, please let me know! Help :) Meanwhile, here is what I'm currently listening to on my brother's i-pod -___-

1. Disparate Youth- Santogold Santogold & M.I.A. are too artists that I admire, but in my opinion their music is definitely hit or miss. Sometimes I'll find one their songs that I really love, while some of their other songs are just too out there for my taste. But this song in particular just puts me in that place where I can feel the endorphins being released in my brain. Hahaha! Check out this crazy music video too! ----->
2. No te dejare de amar- Maffio In the summertime, I usually spend the first hour or two watching music videos on mtv3. I saw the video for this song the other day & I was hooked! Who can skip over this catchy merengueton song?
3. Princesa Mia- Jalil Every now & then I crave Bachata. I mean literally crave it. I have a month or several weeks where I'll literally listen to nothing but bachata. Just straight bachata 24/7. & during my last Bachata crave sesh (which took place during the month of April), I found this song on a new reggaeton/bachata website suggested by my brother (Click here) And what do you know? I was watching MTV3 and the video came up. & I just so happen to really enjoy it. lol! <-----
4. Blackout-Breathe Carolina So while I'm going through my Bachata obsession, my brother is going through his dubstep, house music obsession. I was snooping through his songs the other day & I this was the one that I liked the most. 
5. Long heels, Red bottoms- Trina I know I'm about a year late, but I just can't seem to get enough of this song! It makes me wanna lose my sanity & go pay $600 bucks for a new pair of Loubs (psych!) I will say that something about the beat does make me wanna hit the club & dance around in my $20 knock off Target red bottoms! Make sure to turn up the bass with this one!
6. Love-Jareth I'm a huge fan of Adele. Since Amy's gone, Adele is my surviving British soul diva! When I saw/heard the commercial for the Roberto Cavalli perfume I was super excited to hear that Adele was making new music. Then after a quick google search, I realized that it wasn't Adele singing the song, but Jareth a music newbie. Either way, I love this song!
7. Wandering Limbs- Kimbra So I'm still waiting for Aussie beauty Kimbra's music to make it stateside and I don't think that day is too far away. I heard her song "Settle Down" on a commercial for the Real Housewives of New York (improper placement if you ask me lol). While I'm waiting, I discovered this song on my ipe (of all places) the other day & can't get enough of it. It's absolutely beautiful! 


Well, I hope that this post somewhat makes up for my absences. 


xoxo,

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment